Update: April 13, 2020
The two time State Championship South Laurel Band is looking forward to it’s next competitive season!
Our efforts require a lot of funding for costuming, props, consulting staff and equipment. Due to the unprecedented nature of Covid-19 we missed out on our largest fundraiser of the year- our annual Jazz Dinner. This fundraiser held in May allowed us to kick off our fall season with the funds it raised. Unfortunately this event cannot happen.
We are planning for our fall 2020 season, but we need you help!
If you’re able to donate to the South Laurel Band Supporters – non profit 501c3 organization whose entire existence is to support the SLHS band program and all of its endeavors- it would be greatly appreciated. We understand this is a tough time for everyone, so don’t feel obligated if it will cause a hardship. We thank you so much for your continued support and can’t wait to get back on the practice lot to start whipping up another magical production!
PARTICIPATION IN FUNDRAISING IS VERY IMPORTANT!
Sponsorships: Year-around effort. South Laurel Band focuses on community engagement with local businesses in a relationship that supports business and organizational growth.
Kroger Card: Year-around effort. Make sure your Kroger Plus card is registered under South Laurel Band. See instructions below.
Cardinal Classic : Occurs every October. The Cardinal Classic required a lot of organizational and man power to operate. Parent and community involvement is essential to it’s success!
Fruit Sale: Fall Semester.
Other fundraisers will be determined and announced upon approval.
Kroger Card Community Rewards Instructions
If you shop at Kroger, this is a very easy way to support the South Laurel band. All you have to do is register your Kroger Plus Card online and designate South Laurel Band Supporters as your Community Rewards recipient. The Band will receive 4% of what you spend at Kroger, it is 100% free and must be renewed once a year.
Here are instructions:
• Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
• Click on “Sign In/Register” here.
• Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions.
• You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
• Click on “My Account” and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
• Click on “Edit Kroger Community Rewards” information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
• Update or confirm your information.
• Enter NPO number (58195) or name of organization (South Laurel Band Supporters), select organization from list and click on confirm.
• To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
• Purchases will not count until after you register your card.
• Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
• Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
Fundraising is Essential to our success
Fundraising helps pay for:
• Band staff that perform vital educational services for South Laurel Band Students.
• Large, expensive equipment which would be very costly to individual students.
• Choreography, drill, and music.
Keep in mind: ALL South Laurel Band Students directly benefit from fundraising!